Anna and the French Kiss Review

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
5 Stars
Anna and the French Kiss was the Better Read Than Dead book club's pick for May and I devoured it. Seriously, I read the whole book (minus chapter one) in just one day. I couldn't allow myself to put it down. Anna was a tad whiny, but once I realized that if my parents just sent me to boarding school I'd whine a little at first I got over it. After a while I actually found myself jealous that these characters were able to live in such a gorgeous city. I mean this group of friends seemed so tight knit and fascinating. Look at me, babbling like always. Moving on to Étienne St. Clair, he got on my nerves in a good way. I usually found myself frustrated by his choices, but seeing as how this novel is a contemporary, I had high hopes for the ending. Throughout the book Anna and Étienne, also known simply as "St. Clair" by pretty much everyone, go through quite the series of near misses and we really have hope for them. Stephanie Perkins is fantastic at creating characters that appeal to your emotions and keep you hooked from the very start. I'm hoping to get my hands on the companion novels soon. I'm looking forward to being so invested in the story. If you enjoy the feeling of going through all of the emotions that the characters go through, then I suggest getting yourself a copy of Anna and the French Kiss. I hope you'll let me know how it goes.
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart