The Night We Said Yes ARC Review

The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
5 Stars
I was so excited when I was told that I won this ARC! I still can't believe it. It took me a while to read because of finals and all that, but I still loved every second of it. Basically this book centers around a relationship. The chapters alternate between then and now, so you can look at this relationship forming while also seeing the aftermath. Each "then" chapter matches with the following "now" chapter making them completely relevant to the story and not random at all. Of course along with this relationship you see kind of an epic group friendship that I found completely realistic. It actually reminded me of my group of friends in high school. I actually am an Ella who has her own Meg. I hope everyone has that friend that pushes you out of your comfort zone every now and then. Through the book the characters just say yes, within reason, to ideas thrown out about what to do leading to an interesting adventure. Gibaldi created a perfect Summer read that makes you want to say yes, sometimes you just need to. I would absolutely love to revisit these characters, they're not perfect, but that's what makes them great. I know I'll be pre-ordering a copy of the novella "Matt's Story" which comes out on August 4th.


A few things I have said yes to include:
- A spontaneous trip to Phoenix.
- Sneaking on to my high school football field to watch the sun rise.
- Getting a matching tattoo with my best friend. (This girl is my Meg)

Here's to new adventures! What will you say yes to? I'd love to hear!
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart