Dark Places Review

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
4 Stars
I picked this book up a couple of months ago because my mother was desperate to see the movie and I obviously had to read the book first. Starting off, I really wasn't that into it and I kept putting it down for days and sometimes weeks. I actually found myself only enjoying the "Ben" chapters for most of the book. It wasn't until the last 150 pages or so that I began to enjoy every perspective as the story unraveled. The book felt a tad slow to me for the most part, only speeding up towards the end and boy did I need to know what was going to happen next. I felt the same way while reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn so I think that if you enjoyed the writing style there, then you'll enjoy it in this novel as well. I don't want to give anything away, but this one took me by surprise. I actually had no idea who actually committed the murders. If you haven't read the synopsis, I recommend not reading it. I personally feel that it gives too much away and you should go in blind. Definitely a 4 star read and I hope to read her other novel, Sharp Objects. Have any of you read Dark Places or seen the movie? Do you feel they did a good job representing the novel? I'd love to hear your thoughts and discuss them with you.
Xoxo,
Gabriella


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart