Tome Topple TBR

#TomeTopple Read-a-thon

For those of you who don't know what Tome Topple is, it's a read-a-thon created by Samantha from Thoughts on Tomes. The Tome Topple Read-a-thon will take place from June 5th at 12:00 AM to June 19th at 11:59 PM wherever you are in the world and is all about big books with more than 500 pages! Below I will include Sam's video that has the challenges, co-hosts, a giveaway, and her own TBR.


I was actually pretty excited when I heard about this read-a-thon because I have a few big books that I either need to finish or just need to get over the intimidation and pick up. However, when I was looking around my room I had a really hard time deciding what exactly I wanted to read. Because of this, my TBR (to be read) list is going to be flexible and have a few choices.

My TBR


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling: I chose this books specifically because I actually started it on October 1, 2015. I have since read a bit here and there, but I mostly avoid it because I can't stand Harry and all of his angst. I really just want to punch him in the face most of the time and so I no longer feel myself getting excited to pick it up. I also just really want to be able to move on to the rest of the series so I can no longer be one of the few people that haven't read it yet! Hopefully I can finish this one.

The Elfstones of Shanara by Terry Brooks: I had never heard of this book until I saw the trailer for the show on MTV. At that moment I decided that I had to read the series that came along with it. My book didn't arrive until the day that the show premiered and while I did start it right away, I have not finished it and have yet to start the show. I have heard so many people say how great the show is, but I really struggle to read something once I've seen its adaptation. And while Terry told me at a signing there were enough changes made that I should be okay, I still don't want to risk it. I just want to make some progress.

Arrow Volume Two by Marc Guggenheim & Andrew Kreisberg: I saw that there will be "graphic novel breaks" throughout this read-a-thon and so I chose to pick up Arrow Volume Two. It's the shortest graphic novel I own and I enjoyed the first volume.

The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort: I bought this book because I loved the movie and I wanted to compare the two. Something in me needed to know what was exaggerated for our entertainment, what was toned down, and also what was 100% accurate. I have started this one and I will say that so far it's mostly accurate and one thing was toned down for the movie, but I'm only about 50 pages in. I don't see myself finishing this one during the read-a-thon, but I at least want to read a few more chapters.

The Host by Stephanie Meyer: I purchased this book on a whim because it was $2.99 for a hardcover and I liked the movie enough to be curious. However, it has been sitting on my shelf for at least three years now and I haven't touched it. It just looks so massive compared to my other books. I'm adding it to my TBR as an option because I would love to finally start it, but my main focus is the books that I have already started above.

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan: I am adding this one as another option because I really need to start this series and eventually make it to The Trials of Apollo. I have yet to dislike a book written by Rick Riordan and I won this whole series as a boxed set. It's another set of intimidating books because of their size. Although deep down I know I'll more than likely fly through them like I did with the Percy Jackson series and also Magnus Chase. We'll see if I get to this one.

So that's my TBR. It's kind of ridiculous, but I do not intend to read absolutely every book I have chosen. I am just a mood reader and I like to have my options. I'm very excited about Tome Topple and will be updating my progress on my Twitter and eventually will have a wrap-up right here on my blog. Feel free to leave me your TBR in the comments and or your information. I love making new bookish friends! I hope to hear from you, have a great weekend!
Xoxo,
Gabriella

Comments

  1. I have not read The Lost Hero yet either hits sitting on my bookshelf still so maybe I will read that I'm not sure yet. My plan was to read a court of mist and fury by Sarah J Maas. I think that it would probably take the entire time of the read-a-thon to get through the book for me. I have not decided if I'm going to do the challenges yet. If I do I probably will pick like maybe one or two to do. I want to do the challenge to read a graphic novel for the graphic novel breaks but I'm not sure which one to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. READ A COURT OF MIST AND FURY. It's amazing! The read-a-thon is two weeks long and I read it in maybe three days? It just sucks you in and doesn't let you go.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart