Pokemon Go Book Tag


To those who read my last post, this should come as no surprise. I'm addicted to playing Pokemon Go and have put myself into a slump because of it. So here we go, the perfect tag!

It's really hard to pinpoint the book that sparked my love of reading. I know that I started reading because I wanted to be just like Belle from Beauty and the Beast, my favorite move to this very day. I remember reading Charlotte's Web by E.B. White with my grandma when I was little and I loved it. Throughout my life I have fallen in and out of reading several times. A few books that have brought me back after straying include Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar, Private by Kate Brian, and Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. It always seems to be a series that brings me back because I simply need to know what happens next.

I actually haven't read that many classics. Does Charlotte's Web count? *Laughs nervously* I would love to read some classics someday though so feel free to give me some recommendations along with why you love them.

Wow, it's actually hard to choose. I'm going to go with The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I went so far as to purchase this book a few years ago and I have yet to even touch it. I haven't even seen the movies. I get that everyone loves the series, but that kind of makes me not want to read it for some strange reason. I have vowed to read it someday. I mean I did spend money on it, but lord knows when that will be.

I actually tend to ignore tropes within books. If I'm enjoying a story, who cares? Today I watched Michael from Michael BookLion mention The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare and while I have only read book one, I did enjoy it and didn't mind whatever tropes there might have been.

I can think of several books for this one. Size definitely intimidates me when it comes to books simply because of the commitment. We'll start with the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. I purchased the boxed set so I could marathon it and a year later I haven't even touched them. The same goes for The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I also feel obligated to mention the big guns here, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. Those books/series are HUGE. I don't know if I'll ever start the last two. Lastly, the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas. I will read that series, but probably not until every single book is out in the world. I decided this because the wait between each of her A Court of Thorns and Roses books is killing me.

A book that kept me up would be A Court of Mist and Fury for sure. A Court of Thorns and Roses as well. Sarah J Maas just gets me. I just need more of these characters and this world and ugh. Let me live in the Night Court. Those are my people.

My bookish OTP, or one true pair, is Rhysand and Feyre from the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J Maas. I am absolutely in love with the two of them. I also ship myself with Rhysand, no big deal. I feel obligated to mention Juliette and Warner from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi as well. If you haven't read these two series, do it now. I know almost everyone has, but if you're like me and behind on trends *cough cough Harry Potter* then I'm giving you this heads up now.

The Divergent series by Veronica Roth. I think I read the whole series in about a week because I was sick in bed and thoroughly enjoying myself. I also found the Thirst series by Christopher Pike to be quite fast paced as well. I wish more people would give those books a chance. Seriously, Thirst may be about vampires, but it is anything but typical.

Percy Jackson, hands down. Rick Riordan has me hooked on his books and his characters. Also, I'd love more books on the characters from A Court of Thorns and Roses. If you haven't guessed by now Sarah J Maas and that world own me as well. SO AMAZING.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. My best friend Grace had been pushing me to start the series forever and while I am nowhere near finished with the series, I did enjoy the first book. She was so right and I will forever trust her recommendations. Check her out at The Grace Lucy Review. Savages by Don WInslow surprised me too. A movie about drugs and the whole business didn't seem like my thing at all, but I read the whole book in a day. The Prequel, The Kings of Cool was amazing. The way everything was weaved together, damn. Highly recommend.

I do not want to call Harry Potter overhyped, but I couldn't think of anything else. I am one of the few people of my generation that has not finished the Harry Potter series. I know, gasp. I am so stoked to finish these books. I only have two left and I know they're going to crush me, but how could one not be excited?! The Harry Potter series by the brilliant J.K. Rowling is in no way overhyped, it is worth the hype and the adventure is everything.

It would be amazing to own the collector's edition of the illustrated Harry Potter books. I believe it cost around $200 or something, but it was absolutely gorgeous. If there were ever a collector's edition of any of my favorite books, I would be all over that. However, as of this moment I don't think there are any that I'm itching to get. Unless the Barnes & Noble edition of The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan counts.

I have already read this one, but trust me when I say that it is absolutely amazing and I need the finished copy as soon as humanly possible. Are you ready? Caraval by Stephanie Garber. The world she created is just mind blowing to me. Everything is so magical and you never know what's real and what's a misdirect and the dress, oh the dress. January 2017 cannot come soon enough in my opinion. Some others that I love and want you to read as soon as you can are Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow and If I Fix You by Abigail Johnson. Ones that I have not read and cannot wait for are Sad Perfect by Stephanie Elliot , After the Fall by Kate Hart, and Sea Witch by Sarah Henning. I'm absolutely positive that there are more, but you don't have all day and neither do I.

I have too many auto-buy authors to count, but I just really love the books I read and supporting such wonderful people. I will always buy a Paula Stokes book. I consider her a friend and I genuinely love her writing. Girl Against the Universe is my favorite of hers so far. And my book club Better Read Than Dead is reading her latest book, Vicarious, in September if you'd like to join us. Some others would include John Green, Rick Riordan, Abigail Johnson, Kathleen Glasgow, Danielle Paige, Nicholas Sparks, Veronica Roth, JK Rowling, and so many more. I could probably go on forever. Give me all of the books.

It feels like I've been waiting forever for the sequel to Winger by Andrew Smith to come out. In reality it's been out for almost a year. I just had to wait for the paperback in order to have a matching set because I'm a tad anal like that. Alas, it finally comes out at the end of next month and I get to enjoy what others already have. I've also been waiting for The Goal by Elle Kennedy to release and it comes out next month as well. I don't know if it will top The Score though, Dean forever has my heart. I seriously love a good steamy new adult.

There you have it. The Pokemon Go book tag sure is fun, but now I want to go catch some Pokemon. Thank you, Aentee, for creating this tag! I tag anyone and everyone who wants to do this, leave me your link in the comments. Do you play? What team are you on? What's your strongest Pokemon? Tell me everything!
Xoxo,
Gabriella



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Armchair BEA 2017 Day Two

2021 Part One Wrap-Up

Debut Author Bash 2017: Kate Hart